29 Apr 2014
Setting up Mail on Mac OS X
Follow these steps to set up Mail for Mac OS X to access your ERGOMED e-mail account using Exchange.
1. Add a new account
- Open the Mail application from either the dock or your Applications folder.
- The Mail Setup window appears if this is the first time you have opened Mail. If you already use Mail, click File, then Add Account.
- Enter your Full Name, E-mail Address and Password in their relevant fields.
- Click Continue.
- If the page summarizing your server information is displayed, click Create and skip to step 2.
- If “searching for mail servers….” takes more than a minute, click Cancel and then click Continue.
2. Enter incoming server information
- For Account Type, select Exchange 2010 or 2007.
- Enter a description (such as “ERGOMED email”) in the Description field.
- Enter webmail.ergomed-cro.com in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- Enter your username and password in the respective fields.
- Leave boxes checked to set up Address Book contacts and iCal calendars to synchronize your contacts and calendars with the Exchange server. If you don’t want to synchronize these items, deselect by clicking each box.
- Click Continue. If prompted, under Incoming Mail Security, check the Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) box.
3. Finish mail setup
- With Mac OS X you may see additional screen for ‘Incoming Mail Security’. Verify ‘Use Secure Socket Layer (SSL)’ is checked. Press Continue.
- Verify your information in the Account Summary window.
- Make sure that check-mark is on the Take account online
- Click Create.
Now you should be ready and setup with ERGOMED email on your Mac. Please note – it might take a while for email to fully synchronize (that all emails are downloaded from server).
If you experience any problems – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please include any wording or screenshots of the error messages.