13 May 2020
Webinar: Drug Repurposing for COVID-19
- In the race to develop suitable treatments for COVID-19, drug repurposing methodologies – which are commonly used in rare disease drug development – offer the opportunity to generate more treatment options rapidly and with lower cost.
- Ergomed’s experts will share their insights into how they are supporting collaboration between industry, academia and clinicians on the frontline of the fight against COVID-19. From garnering the support of KOLs and investigators, development of scientifically sound and clinically operable protocols and navigating the regulatory pathways… to overcoming the associated hurdles in drug development.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- What is repurposing and why is it important for COVID-19
- Key factors in methodologies and approaches to repurposing, with a focus on clinical considerations and available regulatory pathways
- Collaboration and engagement of all stakeholders
Session 1: 26 May, 10am EST / 3pm UK / 4pm CET Register here
Session 2: 26 May, 2pm EST / 7pm UK / 8pm CET Register here
- Sally Amanuel MBA, Head of Regulatory & Clinical Delivery – Sally provides Ergomed’s clients with strategic regulatory advice and bespoke consultancy services throughout all aspects of the drug development life cycle management. Sally obtained her graduate degree in Biotechnology from University College London (UCL), and a masters in Biotechnological Law and Ethics from the University of Sheffield.
- Dr Gordana Tonković, Head of Clinical Development – Dr Gordana Tonkovic has been with Ergomed since 2000. As the Head of Clinical Development, Gordana provides leadership and vision for the entire organization, playing a critical role in providing medical, scientific input to clients. Gordana is a graduate of the University of Zagreb, where she obtained her Doctor of Medicine specialising in Neurology.